A recent article in the Peer Review section of Prime Journal highlighted key points for acne management. Acne vulgaris is one of the most common concerns of the patient with scarring of such acne a further concern for these patients. Treatment options vary on the type of scarring and include surgical techniques, chemical peels, injectables and laser resurfacing. Often a combination of therapeutic options are tailored to each patient.
Treatment options include:
- Microneedling is considered safe for all skin types as the risk of dyspigmentation is low and its downtime is minimal. Microneedling is used by itself or can be used in enhance delivery of topical medications as the tiny perforations to the skin act as a channel to deeper skin levels.
- Hyaluronic sugar injections. One of the wonderful things we discovered in our extensive use of hyaluronic sugar (over 20 years) is its incredible ability to promote remodelling and have seen it work wonders in acne scarring with lifting the scar tissue and promoting new skin over the area of the scar. There are different size molecules that can be tailored to the scarring needing attention.
- PRP (platelet-rich plasma) uses the patients own blood, concentrates the plasma solution and injected into the scarred skin, releasing growth factors to accelerate tissue regeneration,
- Fractional laser works by creating a minute injury to the area and the body responds by generating new tissue.
- Microneedling, PRP and Fractional Laser are all available at anti-aging.
Please contact 03 98300744 for more information or an appointment.